Tips for Losing Five Pounds a Week
Tips for Losing Five Pounds a Week – You really want to lose weight, but you’ve tried so many different foods and failed over the years that you’ve grown discouraged. Let’s face it, most diets are not easy to maintain – they are designed to get the weight off … not for your personal comfort. And once you leave the diet, the weight comes right back, along with a little more. Thus, you end up worse than before. No matter what diet you try – from the cabbage soup diet to the Master Cleanser to low-fat diets like the Atkins Diet – one of two things usually happen:
• You lose weight – along with your sanity as life becomes unbearable bone boring food and not enough of it.
• You do not lose weight because you can not stick to that diet.
In both cases, you feel bad … disappointed … maybe even like a failure. But, take heart, losing weight is possible. In fact, here are five simple tips but heard that when followed could easily enable you to lose five pounds, or more, per week!
1. Cut the carbs! Reduce your carbohydrate intake, particularly white carbs (that is, carbs from white bread, potatoes, etc.) and instead eating more high-quality lean protein (like chicken and fish) is a great way to lose a few pounds quickly. But do not cut carbs completely! You still have to eat fibrous carbohydrates, such as fruit, spinach and apples.
2. Stop Eating Processed Foods! Instead eat more fruits, vegetables and grains. Often times, people who are accustomed to eating a lot of junk food will find they can actually a higher quantity of delicious fruits, vegetables and grains without weight gain.
3. Cut Down on Your Sugar Intake! In particular, note how many sodas or juice drinks that you consume. Sugar in these drinks can be added quickly and the drinks are not filling. You also must be careful to “fat free” products. Sugar is often used to replace the flavor lost when fat is removed. You also will want to be careful about how much sugar you add to coffee and tea.
4. Drinking Water Again! Water naturally helps to suppress appetite and drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day will help you lose weight and burn fat. On the other hand, if you do not drink enough water every day, your body can store water and fat that you do not need. To determine how much water you should drink: multiply your weight by 0.66 to obtain the required number of ounces per day.
5. Exercise More Often! Healthy way to lose weight is exercise. Someone that increases the amount they exercise, but maintains the same diet and calorie intake, will almost certainly lose weight. Plus, excessive sweating from cardio activity, like running, walking and aerobic exercise equipment, will help you de-bloat and lose inches and pounds quickly.
But word of caution, if you have not exercised in a while be sure to check with your doctor first and also be sure to run any exercise program slowly.